Hints and Tips of Managing Stress and Anxiety
Is stress and anxiety holding you back from being the best version of yourself?
I want to share some hints and tips, so you can start regaining your joy once more.
1. Did you know that anxiety can be both physical & emotional? Try to reflect on your own situation and identify where it is stemming from. Is it from a trauma (trapped emotion) or is it because your adrenal glands are burnt out -because of too much stress or another physical imbalance.
2. When we get stressed, or we trigger the “fight or flight” response, we release cortisol. Cortisol is a steroid hormone that regulates a wide range of processes throughout the body, including metabolism and the immune response. It also has a very important role in helping the body respond to stress. When chronically elevated, cortisol can have deleterious effects on weight, immune function, and chronic disease risk.
For example, if you don’t eat within 2 hours of waking your cortisol levels will start to rise. Having breakfast is therefore important.
3. Treat the physical - Key supplements like probiotics can transform some people instantly, 70% of our happy hormone (serotonin) is produced in the gut, so if you have a poor diet and poor gut health, the likelihood is you aren't producing much.
4. If it is emotional, then see somebody who can help you release those emotions. Emotions are often at the root of all sickness within the body, 85% of all illnesses have a psychological element. I found a good book that helped me understand this more-it’s called “Your body speaks your mind”
5. Simplify your life -If life doesn’t add up, start subtracting. Life has become so fast and stressful and we think we have no choice but we do. Start to implement daily practices like meditation/yoga which will help you focus on calming the mind down. As with any problem the mind spiraling, throwing negatives at us, makes the situation a whole lot worse.
AND... Most importantly be kinder to yourself, forgive yourself and ditch any guilt you may be carrying, no amount of guilt can solve the past, no amount of anxiety can solve the future.
You are doing your best, give yourself a break.
If you want help moving forward, give me a call, I can help.
Life Coach, self care guru and master practitioner in Mindfulness
Mindfulness in Doncaster